I have come to term with a few things in my life:
1. I have to work for my dreams to come true.
2. Not all my dreams can come true at the same time.
3. Things don’t happen when you wanted to happen, they happen when they happen.
4. Sometimes life doesn’t turn up how you wanted it to, but it’s not bad.
5. Other times you get things you wanted and then realize there not what you expected it to be.
I think that the older I get, the more I question the expectations society has for us. There’s many things that I’m not sure I want, there’s many ways in which I feel satisfied with how my life is going, then there’s so many ways in which I’m unsatisfied. I was recently having a conversation with my boyfriend about what we wanted out of life. He said something around the lines of “all I want from life is to have fun, enjoy life and good company”, which to me is so broad. That blows my mind, that someone almost in his thirties, with a full time job, bills and everything else could give an answer like this. I had a hard time accepting that answer. I didn’t come to terms with it, for a couple of days. That’s how long it took me to accept that my boyfriend is pretty content. What I had to come to terms with was the fact that I’m more neurotic about my life, I stress out about things, I think too much about things. Meanwhile, I’m trying to build a life with a person that is the complete opposite. I have accepted this as a fact.